New construction of the Weser lock in Minden
New Waterway Construction Authority Hannover
Klaas Siemens GmbH, Emden
Scope of services:
- Supplementary object and structural planning according to HOAI 2009 for hydraulic steel structures and machine parts
- Workshop planning of the hydraulic steel structures and machine parts for the overall construction project
- Preparation of a risk assessment of the overall plant according to DIN EN 12100
- Preparation of documents for scheduled maintenance (SM)
- Preparation of assembly/disassembly concepts
- Coordination of the delivery of all drive technology (electric lifting cylinders) for the closing elements
- Assembly supervision and commissioning support incl. all documentation.
The Mittelland Canal (MLC) branches off the Dortmund-Ems Canal near Münster (Westphalia) and crosses the approximately 3 km wide Weser Valley near Minden. At the crossing point, the canal water level is about 13 m above the mean water of the Weser and about 8 m above the surrounding terrain.
The connection of the two waterways MLC and Weser consists of a branch canal (Verbindungskanal Nord (VKN)). The ascent and descent for shipping is managed, among other things, via the shaft lock located in the VKN, whereby a maximum gradient of 14.68 m is overcome.